You Know We Aint Limited complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
- If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- Improve your user experience on our website
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by call, text or email for this purpose)
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- To process and fulfil your order, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment
- For personalisation and automates decision-making.
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information) mostly relating to shopping behaviour
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you
A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
You Know We Aint Limited wants to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information, such as information about special offers and sales events, you can let us know by contacting our web administration (email@example.com) You can choose to opt out of email promotional communications by clicking unsubscribe in the body of the email or by replying STOP to any SMS communication.
If contacting our web administration please be sure to include your full name and the email address you used when you registered with or made a purchase from Lower. If you ask us to remove your name and address from promotional lists, we will maintain your name in a "do not contact" file to ensure that we can honour your request. It may take up to 10 working days to process your email request, during which period you may continue to receive communications from Lower.
If you change your mind, you can start receiving promotional communications from us again by logging into your online account and changing your preferences, by signing up when you visit our website or our stores or when you contact our web administration.
Please note that if you make an online purchase from us, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
Our website uses "cookies," which are small data files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies enable you to shop on our websites and may be used in a variety of ways to enhance or personalise your online browsing and shopping experience.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether to accept it. If you do not accept cookies, however, you will not be able to access your account information or make purchases on our websites.
We do our best to provide you with a safe and convenient shopping experience. You Know We Aint Limited limits the number of employees that have access to the databases that contain personal data, and employees are advised of the importance of confidentiality. In addition, it is our policy to never send your credit card number via email. As an added safeguard, Lower does not store credit card information with your registered online profile.
While we endeavour to implement the above security measures on the site, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible. We do not accept any liability (direct or indirect) for any loss or damage suffers or incurred by the customer which has arisen directly or indirectly from use of this website, providing information to us or any manner associated with either of these matters.